Frequently Asked Questions
First and foremost, recovery coaching is NOT a replacement for therapy, counseling, psychiatric care, or professional medical treatment. Your care team will most likely be comprised of these other individuals in addition to your recovery coach (hey, that’s me!). As your recovery coach, I will work collaboratively with your care team.
Eating Disorder and body image recovery coaching gives you the support, tools, and skills to navigate the road to recovery. I will walk alongside you on your journey towards making peace with your body, mind, and food. My goal is to help you create a healthy relationship with food and exercise, heal your relationship with your body, and rediscover joy. We will achieve this with:
- Compassionate support through weekly calls, chat support, and meal support
- Identifying, challenging, and working through cognitive distortions and limiting beliefs
- Neural retraining
- Learning about and identifying Core Values
- Developing effective self-care tools
- Learning grounding techniques
- Establishing healthy coping strategies to better handle triggers
- Challenging negative self-talk and body image thoughts
- Resources catered to your recovery journey
- Self-compassion and grace
- Health at Every Size and Intuitive Eating aligned care
- Help assembling a care team if you do not already have one – I am here to be your professional advocate!
- A safe, judgment and shame-free space for you to feel seen and heard
Please keep in mind, recovery coaching is NOT a replacement for therapy, counseling, psychiatric care, or professional medical treatment. Your care team will most likely be comprised of these other individuals in addition to your recovery coach (hey, that’s me!). As your recovery coach, I will work collaboratively with your care team.
For those who do not have an eating disorder but are seeking recovery coaching to help free yourself of diet culture and negative body image, you may not need a care team. This is something we can discuss in our FREE Discovery Call and intake assessment.
Eating Disorder and body image recovery coaching is an incredible option for anyone struggling with an eating disorder, over-exercising, disordered eating, dieting, and negative body image.
You do not need to have an official diagnosis to be worthy of help. If your thoughts and behavior surrounding food, body, or exercise are getting in the way of you living your life, you deserve care and support – and a coach may be a great option for you.
Eating Disorder Recovery coaching may be for you if:
- You feel out of control when it comes to food and exercise.
- You constantly strive for a “goal weight” or “ideal body”.
- You spend a lot of time thinking about food and obsessing over how your body looks.
- You feel that as a current athlete, you struggle with navigating food and body image in a high performance environment.
- You feel that as a former athlete, you struggle to navigate food and body image while transitioning from athletics to “normal adult life”.
- You suspect you have an unhealthy relationship with food, body image, and exercise, but aren’t sure what to do about it.
- You suspect you have an eating disorder, but aren’t sure what to do about it.
- You struggle with Orthorexia, Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, or Binge Eating Disorder.
- You need additional support within your Eating Disorder recovery journey.
- You feel stuck in recovery and want some extra help and a professional advocate.
- You use exercise and/or other purging methods as a way to “get back on track” after a “bad eating day”.
- You hop from diet to diet, and always end up frustrated.
- You postpone your happiness for a later date.. and a later weight.
Whether you are new to Eating Disorder recovery, have just left a higher level of care and need support, or simply want to better your relationship with food and body, recovery coaching could be a great option for you!
While I am trained and educated on diagnoses, I am unable to diagnose you. Only a professional medical doctor or mental health professional will be able to diagnose you. If you or I feel that a diagnosis is needed, I will help you with this process.
Meals and snack times can be difficult… And they are essential for recovery and life in general. To help you in your recovery, I offer meal and snack time support. I can eat with you or simply be present with you as we actively challenge your eating disorder together. If you would like, we can also target a specific fear food and have that for our meal or snack. Either way, we will work through whatever thoughts, emotions, and feelings come up.
Taking this type of action is a monumental step in the right direction for recovery!
I work with anyone who is struggling with an eating disorder, over-exercising, disordered eating, dieting, and negative body image.
I predominately work with individuals struggling with Orthorexia, Anorexia Nervosa, and current or former athletes struggling with eating disorders and poor body image. In addition, I work with clients struggling with Bulimia Nervosa and Binge Eating Disorder.
Official diagnosis or not, you deserve a life filled with joy, ease, and freedom. Let’s hop on a call and see if we are a good fit!
Absolutely! I would love to collaborate with your care team (and I am proud of you for having one!).
Don’t have a care team yet? No worries! I am here to help you assemble your team of support. I will be your professional advocate and help you find a therapist, dietician, doctor, etc. that you feel safe and comfortable with to join you on your road to recovery.
I do not offer in-person services at this time.
As you may have heard before, recovery is not linear. Everyone’s timeline is unique to them. So unfortunately I can’t predict what your recovery timeline will be.
That said, ultimately my goal is for you to no longer need me. I know, that sounds funny, doesn’t it? But this is a good thing! No longer needing the support of an eating disorder recovery coach shows that you will have made HUGE progress in your journey. And that’s cause for celebration!
To get started, we can do a FREE 20-minute Discovery Call. You can set this up by clicking here. During this call, we will go over where you are at and why you are looking for support, the coaching process, pricing, and any questions you have about recovery coaching. We will also get to know each other a little bit and see if I will be a good fit for you!
After our Discovery Call, if we decide it’s a good match (yay!), I will send you intake paperwork and we’ll get an intake session scheduled. During the Intake Session we will go over that paperwork and have a more in depth conversation about your journey and coaching and continue to get to know each other. At this point we can further discuss which coaching package is right for you and we can dive right in!
Not a good fit? That’s okay! I want you to feel great about the coach you are working with. This is YOUR recovery journey. If you or I feel that it is not a good match, there will be complete transparency and I would be happy to help you find a coach that better matches your wants and needs.
This can be a tricky question. Some believe full recovery is achieved at a certain time marker. Others believe that full recovery is not possible. That it is a life-long process of getting better and closer to being recovered, but that it cannot necessarily be obtained.
I believe full recovery is possible, with the right support system and consistent commitment every day.
So yes, full recovery is possible for you… AND it is possible through a commitment to choose recovery every day.
Wow, that seems intense… BUT, the good news is it will get easier. It won’t always feel like such a struggle every day. Through actively challenging your eating disorder and negative body image, over time it will get easier.
Eventually, choosing recovery – choosing to respect yourself and your body no matter what – will come naturally to you. It is my goal to help you get there.
Still have questions? Let’s hop on a FREE Discovery Call. I am happy to answer any questions you have. I’m looking forward to chatting!